As the saying goes “Credit is King”. You need credit in to buy a home, or at least if you want to apply for a mortgage. The acceptable credit scores and fluid and you will need to be in touch with a lender to find out what your score needs to be to qualify. With interest rates so low right now it is worth the inquiry to find out what loans you can qualify for and if need be, what you need to do to get qualified. There are some simple steps you can take to improve your credit score yourself, all rates are great right now but the better your score the more likely you are to get the best score.
- Pay off credit card balances.
- Find a reputable credit counselor – some one who can lead you through this process. There are a lot of “fly by night” credit counselors. One of your trusted Glenn Jones Group and refer you to a reputable counselor.
- Check your credit report for errors, if it does not look right to you reach out to the source or your lender or credit counselor can help you get it fixed.
- Pay off your other outstanding credit sources.
- Understand that having no credit will result in a low credit score. Open a credit card account and use it for small purchases and pay it off immediately.
- Reach out to a lender – they can help you with repairing your credit by fixing errors or updating credit information quicker than you might be able to.
- Ask one of your very qualified Glenn Jones Group realtors for advice.
- Check out or extremely informative Credit Webinar posted on the Glenn Jones Group Website Blog.