According to the 2019 Home Buyers and Sellers Generational Trends Report;
• 56% of all home buyers said that the most difficult part of the home buying process was finding the right property.
• 20% say it was the paperwork.
• 16% report understanding the process was the most difficult part.
• 13% say it was saving for the down payment
• 8% report it was getting a mortgage.
• 5% report difficulty in with the appraisal of the property.
• 19% say there were no difficulties.
• 5% reported other difficulties.
If you want to simplify the home buying process and become one of the 19% that say there were no difficult steps, find a real estate agent and a mortgage lender who is knowledgeable, trustworthy and can walk you through the entire process and handle any stumbling blocks before you get to them. A professional should be able to foresee any issues and overcome them making your experience as stress free as possible.
You should be ready communicate to your realtor and lender clearly what your priories and expectations are, what are you must haves and what you are willing to compromise on through each step of the process. Your realtor and lender in return should be able to explain each of your options and answer all your questions.
Buying a home is shouldn’t be a stressful event if you have an open line of communication and trusted professionals on your side.